PAPERS, PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Singh, Jagtar, Kerr, Paulette and Hamburger, Esther (2016). Eds. MILID Yearbook: Media and Information Literacy: Reinforcing Human Rights, Countering Radicalization and Extremism.
- Culver, Sherri and Paulette Kerr (2014). Eds. MILID Yearbook: Global Citizenship in a Digital World. NORDICOM/ International Clearinghouse on Children, Youth and Media, University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Kerr, P. (2014). Strategic promotion and expansion of information literacy education: Professional development and outreach programmes. In Sherri Culver and Paulette Kerr (Eds.) MILID 2014 Yearbook: Global Citizenship in a Digital World. NORDICOM/ International Clearinghouse on Children, Youth and Media, University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Kerr, P. (2014, June). Key directions in information literacy education: Implications for Caribbean
librarians. ACURIL Annual Conference, Nassau, Bahamas.
- Kerr, P. (2013, Oct). Theory of action and information literacy: Critical assessment towards
effective practice. European Conference on Information Literacy, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Kerr, P. (2013, May). Media and information literacy and intercultural dialogue: Caribbean
perspectives. MILID/UNITWIN Meeting, Cairo, Egypt.
- Kerr, P. (2013). Theory of action and information literacy: Critical assessment towards effective practice. In Serap Kurbanoğlu, Esther Grassian, Diane Mizrachi, Ralph Catts, Sonja Špiranec (Eds.) CCIS. Worldwide Commonalities and Challenges in Information Literacy Research and Practice (pp.429-435). Springer International.
- Kerr, P. (2013, Dec.). Designing media and information literacy strategies. UNESCO Consultative Workshop for media and information specialists . Tortola, British Virgin Islands.
- Kerr, P. (2013, July). Media and Information Literacy for OECS Policy Makers. UNESCO
Consultative Workshop, Castries, St Luca.
- Kerr, P. (2013, July). Approaches to teaching information literacy. Delivering information literacy instruction. DLIS Workshop for HEART Trust/NTA Library Personnel.
- Carroll, M., Kerr, P, Musa, A. & Afzal, W. (2012). Commonwealth of uncertainty: How British and American professional models of library practice have shaped LIS education in selected former British Colonies and Dominions. IFLA Journal 39 (2) 121 – 133.
- Kerr, P. (2012). Explicit goals, implicit outcomes: Information literacy education in developing
university graduate attributes. UWI Quality Education Forum.18 (Jan):71-88.
- Kerr, P. (2012, Jan) Strategic Repositioning: Crossing disciplinary, institutional and traditional Boundaries in LIS Education in the Caribbean” ALISE Annual Conference, Dallas Texas.
- Kerr, Paulette, Myrtle Harris and Judith Rao. (2011).Eds. School Libraries: Empowering the 21st Century Learner. Proceedings of the 40th Annual Conference & 15th International Forum on Research in School Libraries. UWI, Mona.
- Kerr, P. (2011, Nov). Information Literacy in Academic Libraries: Conceptions and Practice. Invited Paper presented to the Annual Information Literacy Symposium. Purdue University.
- Kerr, P (2011, Nov). Evaluating Information Literacy and Tools of Practice: Invited Workshop . Annual Information Literacy Symposium. Purdue University.
- Kerr, P. (2011). Victims or Strategists? Nineteenth century female lodging-house keepers in Jamaica. In Verene Shepherd (Ed.) Engendering Caribbean History: Cross Cultural Perspectives (pp.467-477). 53Cstrong> Kingston: Ian Randle (republication of previous book chapter).
- Kerr, P. (2010, Jan.). Conceptualizations and practice of information literacy. ALISE/Jean Tague-
Sutcliffe Doctoral Student Research Poster Competition, Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE) Annual Conference, Boston, MA.
- Kerr, P. (2009, Nov). Espoused theories and theories-in-use: A model for reflection and evaluation. Poster presented at the American Society for Information Science and Technology, ASIS&T Annual Meeting, Vancouver, Canada.
- Kerr, P. (2009, January). Conceptions and practice of information literacy: Espoused
theories and theories-in-use. Research-in-Progress Poster session presented at the ALISE Conference, Denver Colorado.
- Kerr, P. (2009, May). Creative communication: Methods and strategies in instructional Collaboration: Integrating information literacy in curriculum standards. Research Practicum Showcase, SC&I, Rutgers University.
- Kerr, P. (2009, Sept.). Current approaches to online tutorials in academic libraries. Invited talk to the Rutgers University Libraries, User Services Council.
- Kerr, P. (2009, Nov). Espoused theories and theories-in-use: A model for Reflection and Evaluation. Poster presented at the American Society for Information Science & Technology ASIS&T, Annual Meeting, Vancouver, Canada.
- Kerr, P. & Todd, R. (2009, August). Espoused Theories and Theories-in-Use of Information Literacy: Reflecting for effective practice. Paper presented to the Research Forum of the Annual Conference, International Association of School Librarianship (IASL), Padua, Italy.
- Kerr, P. & Varlejs, J. (2009, April). A new model for evaluating the online tutorial: Does your tutorial reflect your mission? Paper presented to the LOEX Annual Conference, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Kerr P. (2009, May).Information Literacy: Espoused theories vs. theories in use. Paper Presented to the WILU Conference, Ontario, Canada.
- Kerr, P. (2009, January) Conceptions and practice of information literacy: Espoused theories and theories-in-use. Research-in-Progress Poster session presented at the ALISE Conference, Denver Colorado.
- Kerr, P. (2007, May). Validity in Information Literacy. Paper presented at the Connections Doctoral Conference, Drexel University, Philadelphia.
- Kerr, P. & George, V. (2007, March). Passport to IL Success: Breaking through borders: UWI Information Literacy Project for high school students. Poster session presented at the National Conference of Association of College and Research Libraries, ACRL, Baltimore, MD.
- Todd, R., Heinstrom J., & Kerr, P. (2007). ABCDE of Teacher- School Librarian
Collaboration: Research Report of CISSL/ILILE Research Study on Ohio School Libraries. Center for International Scholarship in School Librarianship, Rutgers University.
- Kerr, P. (2006). IL for Life. Keynote Paper at Seminar: Learning for Life: Information Literacy for today and tomorrow. University of the West Indies, Mona. August 14-18.
- Kerr, P. (2004, June). Library and Information Association of Jamaica: connecting a diverse profession for focused national impact. Paper presented at the American Library Association Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida.
- Kerr, P. (2004). Are secrets hidden in Books? Presentation at Path to Excellence Workshop for High School Students. August 9-13, 2004.West Avenue Institute, Kingston, Jamaica.
- Kerr, P. (2004, Dec). 19th Century Lodging House: Meeting a need for hospitality… and more! Presented at the National Housing Trust Corporate Services Division Quarterly Meeting.
- Kerr, P. (2003, Nov). Information Literacy: A requirement for the modern information environment. Guest Lecture to DLIS Postgraduate Students, UWI.
- Kerr, P. (2003, Dec.) Wholly and profane: the 19th century Jamaican lodging house as urban community centre. Paper presented at the Text and Testimony Collective Conference. City Life in Caribbean History: Celebrating Bridgetown. UWI, Cave Hill, Barbados.16p.
- Kerr, P. & George, V. (2003). IL Alliances: University Library and High School Libraries working together for Lifelong Learning. In S. Zinn, G. Hart and E. Howe (Eds.), IASL Reports, 2003. School Libraries Breaking Down Barriers: Selected papers from the 32nd Annual Conference of the International Association of School Librarianship (pp. 206-218). Durban: South Africa: IASL
- Kerr, P. & Vernon, J. (2003). Jamaica Library Association. In Encyclopedia of Library and Information Science 2nd ed. (pp 1423-1435). London: Taylor and Francis
- George, V & Kerr, P. (2002, June). Parties for Partnership: Getting Faculty aboard an IL initiative. Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the Association of Caribbean, University and Institutional Libraries, (ACURIL), Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
- Kerr, P. (2002, Nov). Cliff Tyrell: Pioneer Jamaican Cartoonist. Paper presented at the Staff/Graduate Seminar, Department of History, UWI Mona. 39p
- George, V. & Kerr, P. (2002, June). Partnership in the making: the easy task of getting faculty on board an IL Initiative. Poster session presented at the Annual Conference of the American Library Association, Atlanta Georgia.
- Kerr, P. (2001). Knowledge Management: Current Issues in Corporations Presentation/Workshop to University of Wales MBA students.
- Kerr, P. (2000) Bibliographic Instruction, Information Literacy: Two sides of the same coin of User Education? Paper Presented at the COMLA (Commonwealth Library Association) 2000 Seminar, Christchurch, New Zealand. 12p.
- Kerr, P. (1996). Surfing the Net at UWI Library Florida Libraries 39, (5):81-82.
- Kerr, P. (1995) Victims or Strategists? Nineteenth century female lodging housekeepers in Jamaica. In B. Bailey, B. Brereton and V. Shepherd (Eds.) Engendering History: Caribbean Women in Historical Perspectives (pp.197-212). London: James Curry, Kingston: Ian Randle.
- Kerr, P. (1993). Jamaican female lodging-house keepers in the nineteenth century. Jamaican Historical Review XVIII, 7-17.